Dell in the Shell
Some would be horrified at losing their hair, growing scales and generally turning into a turtle faced freak. Not you - you can crack beers open with that beak of yours now!
— Dell in the Shell publicity blurb
Dell in the Shell is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It replaces the Engineer's head with that of a turtle, green on the top and light-yellow on the underside.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
Dell in the Shell was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress 2018)
- Dell in the Shell was added to the game.
- The Item schema is configured to disable the Engineers's "head" bodygroup, however, such bodygroup does not exist for either the Engineer or the Dell in the Shell.
- Dell is the Engineer's first name (Dell Conagher).
- The item's name is also a reference to the Ghost in the Shell franchise.
- This item references Turtling, a strategy of defending a specific location with the intent of not pushing forward. Turtling usually associated with the Engineer class, which can use buildings to fortify a point of hold.