The Ground Control is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It replaces the Soldier's helmet with a white flattop haircut, a pair of headset commonly used by ground control operators, and a pair of gold rimmed aviator glasses. The Soldier is also given a crescent moon-shaped scar on his left eye.
The Ground Control was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Ground Control was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Sometimes, the visors on the glasses will not appear, and Soldier's eyes will be visible through.
- "Ground control" is a term often used to describe air traffic control.
- The design for the Ground Control is a reference to the character Zero from the Metal Gear Solid series.
- The textures for this item contain the Japanese characters "のヮの" (No Wa No). These refer to one of the common expressions the character Haruka Amami makes in the THE iDOLM@STER games.
Major Zero in the pachislot adaptation of Metal Gear Solid 3.