Team Fortress Wiki
The Team Fortress Wiki (formally and founded as TF2 Wiki) was created by Nos in October 2007. Its goal is to provide Team Fortress 2 players with information that they will find useful to further their understanding of the game.
In June 2010, the Wiki and its content were moved to a new server hosted by Valve and became the official wiki for the Team Fortress series of games, covering everything related to Team Fortress 2 and its older siblings – Team Fortress Classic and Team Fortress.
What is a wiki?
See Wikipedia's article on the definition of a "wiki".
- A wiki is an online hypertext publication collaboratively edited and managed by its own audience, using a web browser. A typical wiki contains multiple pages for the subjects or scope of the project, and could be either open to the public or limited to use within an organization for maintaining its internal knowledge base.
How to get started and where to find things
- The links found on the left under 'Navigation' will help you navigate your way around the wiki.
- First, check out the main page. It tells you what is new and has useful links.
- Second, try the search box! It is quite useful, although you could always search within the wiki using Google.
- Third, if you are bored, you could always check out a random page!
How to edit
This is a wiki, a cooperative and informative website that anyone can edit to make it better.
Team Fortress Wiki, like Wikipedia, utilizes the wiki markup to format a page. For example, entering any text between two equal signs creates a title. Wikipedia has a cheat sheet designed to help newcomers. You should also check out the tutorial for the very basics.
We also have a style guide which you should follow. It has guidelines on the way you should format pages.
- Wiki markup
Where to get help
- #tfwiki (webchat) – Our IRC channel (how to connect).
- Team Fortress Wiki:Discussion – Our main discussion page.
Who are the people in charge?
See Group rights for a complete list of users with elevated privileges.
These are just a few pages listing facts and statistics about this site:
- Team Fortress Wiki became an official wiki of Valve on June 30, 2010 and is part of the unofficial Valve Wiki Network.
- Entering the Konami Code without start ( , , , , , , , , , ) on your keyboard anywhere on this wiki will trigger an Easter egg wherein the BLU Spy saps the 'Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki' logo that is found at the top of the sidebar on the left of this page. The Engineer proceeds to say "Spy's sappin' my wiki!" Wrench sounds are heard, and the Sapper is eventually removed. The Engineer then says "Much obliged, pardner." This Easter egg can be triggered on mobile by swiping Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right on the touchscreen then tapping the screen three times.
- A modified version of the stickybomb image uploaded to the Wiki is hidden on the game files for the game Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, mostly likely used as a placeholder sprite before a proper one was made to that game.
- Team Fortress
- Team Fortress 2
- Team Fortress Classic
- Team Fortress Wiki – IRC
- Team Fortress Wiki – Wiki Birthday Update
- Wiki Cap
- Team Fortress Wiki – YouTube channel
- Team Fortress Wiki – Bilibili channel
- Team Fortress Wiki – Twitter page
- Team Fortress Wiki – IRC webchat
- Team Fortress Wiki – Steam Chat
- Team Fortress Wiki – Steam Group
- Team Fortress Wiki – Steam Group RSS Feed