When activated, the Soldier stands at attention before a small tank pops up from the ground below and around him, which he proceeds to drive. Pressing Primary Fire (default key: ) makes the Soldier fire a shot and say a voiceline. The shots are purely cosmetic and do not deal any damage to enemies. Ending the taunt causes the tank to explode, and the Soldier jumps out with a backflip.
The Soldier continuously drives the tank forward, being impossible to stop or reverse; it is possible to steer left and right, though. When steering, the Soldier turns to the side together with the tank's cannon, allowing players to shoot slightly to the sides as well.
- The Panzer Pants was added to the game.
- Fixed a common crash related to the Panzer Pants taunt.
- In the game files, there are two unused textures for the Panzer Pants. The first one, named
sherman_tank_destroyed, features an early iteration of the tank, having a much more military look. The second one is an alternative version of the first one, named
sherman_tank_snow, being covered in snow. Model files for these earlier iterations of the tank are not available on the game files.
- Occasionally the tank disappears, causing players to see the Soldier's arms and legs bent in an unorthodox angle..
- The tank's engine noises stop playing if interrupted by fall damage or footsteps.
- If the Soldier has the Beggar's Bazooka, pressing Primary Fire to fire with the tank loads the first rocket.
- Holding Primary Fire while loading the first rocket, then activating the taunt results in the Beggar's reloading and eventually overloading. 
- The smoke effect from the tank's exhaust pipe plays constantly until the player presses the Primary Fire.
- If combined with the 3rd Jungle Inferno ConTracker bug, the tank flips upside down with offset treads while taunting.
- Using a voice command after beginning this taunt, but before it starts moving, causes it to not move forward. The player may appear to be able to turn, however other players are unable to see this movement. Allies are unable to move the taunting player, but enemies are still able to push them with knockback.
- The item's name is a reference to the German word panzer, meaning "tank".
- The tank model is based on the M4A3(105) Sherman. It is reflected in the name of its texture file
- One of the Soldier's taunt-specific lines is a reference to War by Edwin Starr.
- "Screaming Eagles" is a nickname for the 101st Airborne Division of the army of the United States of America. It participated in several operations during World War II and the Vietnam War.