Fresh Brewed Victory
When the player selects it in the taunt menu, the Soldier confidently steps upon a large team-colored sack of coffee beans (labelled "RED ROAST CO." or "BLU BEANS LTD.") that manifests under his right foot, whilst pulling out a white coffee mug that emits steaming particle effects with his left hand. He then says a triumphant line and sips loudly from it, before stepping back to normal.
- The Fresh Brewed Victory was added to the game.
- Fixed a bug with the Soldier's Fresh Brewed Victory taunt and the Power Up Canteen.
- Fixed some taunt sound effects that were clipping the character lines.
- [Undocumented] Special taunts no longer drop for Premium account players.
- When taunting with the bloody Half-Zatoichi, the Soldier will taunt with the RED coffee sack, regardless of the team.
- There is an alternate coffee mug model present in the game files; its texture is red with a "V for victory" label on it.
- The mug that Soldier drinks from in-game is empty (except for steam particles), while the alternate mug has light coffee in it.
- There is a real-world coffee photo named as
coffee.vtfon the game files. The photo includes a mouse pointer from Microsoft Windows. This is likely a placeholder image before a more fitting texture was made.
- There are also several other realistic, presumably-placeholder textures for this item. Instead of a mug, the old texture is actually a tin can. Both the tin can textures and the sack textures have "WUPASS"( ) written on them. Another tin can texture also is simply labelled "W", and an alternate sack texture is titled "WHUP 400 LBS."
- Soldier's line in the taunt, "I love the smell of a kicked ass in the morning", is a reference to a famous line from the 1979 film Apocalypse Now, where Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore says to his soldiers: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."