What are taunts? They're character-specific animations you can trigger in-game to either announce that you've just shot someone or would like to be shot yourself.
— TF2 Blog describing the taunts culture
Taunts are unique animations that can be performed by each class. Most weapons have their own dedicated taunt. In addition, there are special taunts that can be equipped in the loadout menu.
Taunts can be performed by pressing the taunt button (default G on PC, on Xbox 360 and on PS3), which will perform the currently held weapon's taunt (if applicable). If at least one special taunt is equipped in a loadout slot, the taunt button will instead bring up a list of all equipped taunts; pressing the numbers 1-8 will perform the special taunt in that slot, while pressing the taunt button a second time will perform the regular weapon taunt.
Taunts are generally to gloat after killing an opponent, to celebrate a victory, to provoke living opponents, or simply for comedic effect, and for the most part, have no direct effect on gameplay. However, a handful of taunts have special effects, such as providing healing, stunning opponents, or killing enemies outright. Taunts that can deal damage are generally known as "taunt kills".
During a taunt, the user is unable to move or attack, leaving them vulnerable until the taunt is concluded. The camera will also switch to a third-person perspective. Taunts cannot be performed underwater or while airborne. The effects of knockback will instantly cancel most taunts. All taunts, including taunt kills, can be successfully performed while stunned.
A minority of weapons, such as the Engineer's PDAs, The Sniper's Jarate, and the Spy's Sapper, lack taunts. The Heavy's food and the Scout's drinks function as both a consumable item and a taunt when activated, moving the player into a third-person view and preventing them from moving or attacking.
The server-side command
tf_allow_taunt_switch can allow players to switch weapons mid-taunt:
- When set to 0, weapons cannot be switched during taunts. This is the value used for official matchmaking servers.
- When set to 1, weapons can be switched at the very start of the taunt, but not during the majority of the animation. This results in a character performing the taunt for the weapon being used before pressing the taunt key, but holding the new weapon. This behavior was originally a glitch that was unintentionally "fixed" in the Mann-Conomy Update, and later made into a server-side option at community request.
- When set to 2, weapons can be switched at any time during a taunt.
- 1 Taunts by class
- 2 Kill taunts
- 3 Ability taunts
- 4 Special taunts
- 5 Thriller taunt
- 6 Related achievements
- 7 Update history
- 8 Bugs
- 9 Unused content
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
- 13 See also
Taunts by class
- Scout taunts
- Soldier taunts
- Pyro taunts
- Demoman taunts
- Heavy taunts
- Engineer taunts
- Medic taunts
- Sniper taunts
- Spy taunts
These taunts can deal 450 damage or more, and therefore have the potential to kill any opponent in a single hit (with the exception of Armageddon and Execution, which can only deal a maximum of 400 damage and thus are not powerful enough to kill a Heavy with maximum overheal. The Atomizer's Grand Slam is also incapable of doing this due to only dealing a maximum of 425 damage).
|500 (Instant kill)
425 with the Atomizer
|5.0 seconds||Sends the enemy ragdoll flying|
|500 (Instant kill)||3.7 seconds||1.8m blast radius|
Can kill multiple enemies
Kills player upon completion
|500 (Instant kill)||3.7 seconds||Kills with fire effect|
Can kill multiple enemies
Slightly slower than High Noon
|Rainblower||400 on initial or closest target (damage is halved for every enemy hit after initial or closest target)
|5.2 seconds||Deals heavy damage with fire effect within 1.8m radius|
Can kill multiple enemies
Damage reduced by half for every enemy hit after the initial target
|Scorch Shot||420 (Close range)
20 (Medium to long range)
|3.3 seconds||Deals heavy damage with fire effect at point blank or close range|
Acts like a normal Scorch Shot flare at longer ranges or on miss
Can be aimed
|Thermal Thruster||500 (Instant kill)||6.6 seconds||Kills with fire effect|
Slowest kill taunt
Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker
Nessie's Nine Iron
|500 (Instant kill)||5.0 seconds||Adds a head to the killer's head count when wielding the Eyelander, Nessie's Nine Iron, or the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker|
Counts as an honourable kill with the Half-Zatoichi and allows the user to sheath the weapon without taking damage
|500 (Instant kill)||4.3 seconds||Has medium range|
Can be aimed
Fastest kill taunt
|Frontier Justice||500 (Instant kill)||4.2 seconds||Smashes the victim's head in, causing their neck to disappear|
|Gunslinger||1 per hit
(Stun, 14 fast hits)
500 (Instant kill)
|4.5 seconds||Initial hit stuns|
Gibs the opponent if they were killed by the final blow, ragdolls if killed by the spinning
|Übersaw||1 (Swing, stun effect)
500 (Instant kill)
|4.3 seconds||Initial stab has stun effect (1 damage, adds 25% to ÜberCharge meter), followed by the killing Ubersaw removal (adds 75% to ÜberCharge meter, 100% in whole)|
|None (Stab, stun effect)
500 (Instant kill)
|3.3 seconds||Arrow stab with stun effect, followed by the killing arrow removal|
Moving target may keep moving after stab for 0.1 seconds, allowing time to get out of the arrow removal radius
Stun lasts longer than time it takes to complete taunt, making it possible to skew again if target dodges removal
Your Eternal Reward
500 (Instant kill)
|5.2 seconds||Two swings dealing 25 damage each, then a finishing thrust which deals 500 damage|
Can affect multiple opponents
These taunts have some sort of unique ability that can affect gameplay.
|Bonk! Atomic Punch
|1.2 seconds||The Scout takes a short, refreshing drink from his soda can, activating the effects of either drink|
Bonk! Atomic Punch: Grants the user invulnerability for 8 seconds, after which they will receive slowdown based on damage absorbed. The user is forced into a third-person perspective and cannot attack or switch weapons for the duration of the effect (but may still taunt)
Crit-a-Cola: Grants the user 8 seconds of guaranteed mini-crits. Any attacks received during this time will cause the user to be marked for death for 5 seconds after the effect expires (does not stack)
|Phlogistinator||2.0 seconds||The Pyro lifts the Phlogistinator into the air, enabling a primary weapon crit-boost for 10 seconds|
Grants invulnerability and knockback immunity for the duration of the taunt
Only usable once the Phlogistinator's Mmmph bar is full after dealing 300 fire damage with any weapon
Buffalo Steak Sandvich
|4.3 seconds||The Heavy takes a large, noisy nom from his lunchbox item|
Sandvich and Robo-Sandvich: Gradually restores all health over the duration of the taunt (75 health each second, does not overheal), and will not trigger cooldown if health is already full
Buffalo Steak Sandvich: Grants a unique 15 second buff; restricts the user to their melee weapon, and grants 35% increased movement speed along with a mini-crit boost at the cost of taking an additional 25% damage. Always forced into cooldown upon use
Dalokohs Bar and Fishcake: Grants the user an extra 50 health for 30 seconds and will heal 100 health (25 health each second). Always forced into cooldown upon use
Second Banana: Gradually restores 200 health over the duration of the taunt (50 health each second, does not overheal), and will not trigger cooldown if health is already full
Eureka Effect Taunt
|Eureka Effect||2.0 seconds||The Engineer raises his Eureka Effect to the heavens, causing lightning to strike him|
Teleports the player to his own Teleporter exit (regardless of whether it is active) or back to spawn
|Kritzkrieg||4.0 seconds||The Medic takes a whiff of his own medicine, healing 11 health|
|Amputator||4.0 seconds||The Medic plays a soothing melody, healing all nearby teammates within the taunt's radius|
Builds low amounts of Übercharge with enough healing
These taunts are equipped in the taunts section of the loadout menu.
During Halloween events, if the server has Halloween Mode turned on, or when playing on Ghost Town, all classes can do the Thriller taunt, which references a dance move from the song "Thriller" by Michael Jackson. The taunt has a 40% chance to replace a weapon taunt (even for weapons that do not possess a taunt, such as Jarate and the Sapper), but does not replace kill taunts, ability taunts, or special taunts.
All classes perform this taunt slightly differently; for example, the Pyro stretches their fingers when looking to the sides, the Demoman looks straight forward without moving his head, and the Sniper lifts his feet up.
- Fixed taunt exploit.
April 29, 2008 Patch (Gold Rush Update)
- [Undocumented] Added sounds to the Medic's melee taunt if he is using the Ubersaw.
June 19, 2008 Patch (Pyro Update)
- Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits.
- Fixed broken Medi Gun taunt.
August 19, 2008 Patch (A Heavy Update)
- [Undocumented] The Heavy's High Noon becomes a taunt attack.
- [Undocumented] Added a taunt used by the Killing Gloves of Boxing.
- Demoman's bottle taunt has received a 'burp' sound.
February 24, 2009 Patch (Scout Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Grand Slam taunt for the Sandman.
- Fixed the BONK!! particles appearing in the air when the bat's taunt kill is used on a target.
May 21, 2009 Patch (Sniper vs. Spy Update)
- Demomen can now detonate their stickies while taunting.
- Added a taunt for the Kritzkrieg, which also heals for 10 points.
- [Undocumented] The Spy's Fencing becomes a taunt attack.
- [Undocumented] Added Arrow Stab taunt for the Huntsman.
- [Undocumented] Added "Spycrab" taunt to the Disguise Kit
- Fixed Dead Ringer damage reduction exploit involving Spy taunting.
- Fixed the Hadouken killing Scouts that had used Bonk! Atomic Punch when contacted.
- Eating a Sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health.
- Fixed being able to eat your Sandvich (via taunt) and drop it in the same frame.
October 29, 2009 Patch (Haunted Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] Added Thriller taunt for all classes.
- Fixed the Heavy's fists being hidden while taunting.
December 17, 2009 Patch (WAR! Update)
- [Undocumented] Added taunts used by the Direct Hit, Equalizer and Eyelander.
- [Undocumented] Replaced the Soldier's Shotgun taunt with a 21 Gun Salute taunt. The previous taunt was given to the Buff Banner.
- [Undocumented] Added unused "Hi-five" taunts for the Soldier and Demoman.
- [Undocumented] Added unused "Bottle showoff" taunt for the Demoman.
- Fixed a server crash caused by the Demoman's taunt kill.
- Added Medic Ubersaw kill taunt.
July 8, 2010 Patch (Engineer Update)
- [Undocumented] Added taunts used by the Frontier Justice and Gunslinger.
- [Undocumented] Added unused "Hi-five" and "Guitar playing" taunts for the Engineer.
- Fixed the Lumbricus Lid not playing the correct sound during the Equalizer taunt.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- [Undocumented] Fixed taunt glitch involving switching weapons quickly.
- [Undocumented] Added unused "Hi-five" taunts for the Scout, Pyro, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, and Spy.
- [Undocumented] Updated the "Hi-five" taunts of the Soldier and Demoman.
- [Undocumented] Removed the Engineer's "Hi-five" and "guitar playing" taunts from the game files.
- Added the original Ubersaw taunt to the Vita-Saw.
- Fixed an exploit causing the Amputator to heal teammates non-stop with the Medicating Melody taunt.
- Fixed the Soldier/Demoman taunts not working correctly when the Half-Zatoichi is the active weapon.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- [Undocumented] The Uberslice taunt now fills the ÜberCharge meter completely.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- Added taunt: Director's Vision.
- [Undocumented] Added voice responses to the Grenade, Arrow Stab, Oktoberfest, and Uberslice taunts.
- [Undocumented] Added the Engineer's "Hi-five" taunt back into the game files.
- [Undocumented] Added an unused "show" taunt for the Heavy.
- Added community contributed response rules to various taunts.
- [Undocumented] Added the Barbarian Swing taunt to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker and Claidheamh Mòr.
- [Undocumented] Removed the Demoman's taunt from the Pain Train.
- [Undocumented] Added unused laughing taunt for the Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, and Sniper.
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- Added taunts: Meet the Medic and Schadenfreude.
- [Undocumented] Added laughing taunts to the Scout, Pyro, Engineer, and Spy.
- [Undocumented] Added the Grand Slam taunt for the Atomizer.
- [Undocumented] Added the Cocksure taunt, used by the Cow Mangler 5000.
- [Undocumented] Added an unused "show" taunt for the Soldier.
- [Undocumented] The Soldier is no longer able to taunt while the Cow Mangler 5000 is charging.
- Fixed supply closets regenerating players while they are taunting.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Added taunt: High Five!.
- Added "tf_allow_taunt_switch". Set to 0 for disallowed (default behavior), 1 for old bug behavior, or 2 to allow weapon switching any time during the taunt.
- Taunting with the Righteous Bison, Battalion's Backup, or the Saxxy now play the Buff Banner taunt
- Taunting with the Pain Train or the Saxxy as Demoman now plays the same taunt as the Grenade Launcher.
- Taunting with the Saxxy as Medic plays the Medi Gun taunt.
- Added a taunt for the Ullapool Caber ("Bottle showoff" taunt).
- Fixed high five taunts applying the wielded weapon's taunt effect.
- Added a taunt for the Tin Soldier set.
- Added a taunt for the FrankenHeavy set.
- Fixed a problem that would allow Pyro 'Mmmph' to activate in the air without taunting with the Phlogistinator.
- Fixed an exploit with The Eureka Effect's taunt where the effects could activate without taunting in high-lag situations.
- Fixed an exploit with the Phlogistinator where the effects could activate without taunting in high-lag situations.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Added the Armageddon taunt used by the Rainblower.
- Added the Execution taunt used by the Scorch Shot.
- Fixed an exploit where the Scorch Shot could fire its short range kill pellet at the very beginning of the taunt.
- Fixed the Armageddon taunt attacking players through walls.
- Fixed the Escape Plan not using the same taunt as the Equalizer.
December 20, 2012 Patch (Mecha Update)
- Added map stamp effect after a player taunts on a map they have donated towards.
- Fixed being able to cross into enemy spawn rooms using the high-five taunt.
- Added taunt: Shred Alert.
- Updated some of the animations for the Shred Alert taunt.
- Fixed a client crash when attempting to fire the flamethrower while coming out of a taunt.
- Fixed the Phlogistinator’s Mmmmph particle effect getting stuck on after performing a taunt.
- Fixed taunts with a special purpose being overridden by the Halloween taunt.
- The Beggar's Bazooka has been updated to use the same taunt as the Direct Hit.
- Fixed an exploit where players could move around while using a taunt to attack enemies
- Fixed an exploit related to the Rocket Jumper and the Soldier's grenade taunt
- Fixed Taunt Kills Strange scores not incrementing properly for the Strange Scorch Shot
- Fixed the Meet the Medic taunt not releasing doves during the taunt
- Updated the Short Circuit to use the Engineer's melee taunt
- Updated the Scotsman's Skullcutter to use the Demoman's secondary taunt
- [Undocumented] Added unused "dosido" taunt animations for the Heavy and the Spy.
- [Undocumented] Added unused "buy a life" taunt animations for the Spy.
- Fixed taunts not previewing in the character loadout screen after being equipped.
- Fixed the High-Five! taunt not hiding the Engineer's weapon.
- [Undocumented] Added localization strings for a currently unused taunt slot and in-game taunt HUD.
- [Undocumented] Updated the backpack icons for the Director's Vision, Meet the Medic, Schadenfreude, High Five! and Shred Alert taunts.
- [Undocumented] Added a prompt above players in the High Five! taunt pose.
- [Undocumented] Taunts that were push-to-hold are now toggles. Pressing the action key once will let the player hold their pose until the action key is pressed again
- [Undocumented] Moved the Director's Vision from the Action slot to the Taunt slot.
- [Undocumented] Added console commands
- [Undocumented] Fixed a bug that let players move while taunting.
June 11, 2014 Patch #2
- Fixed not being able to equip the Director's Vision taunt in the Action slot.
June 18, 2014 Patch (Love & War Update)
- Added 15 taunts - Battin' A Thousand, Deep Fried Desire, Fresh Brewed Victory, Party Trick, Spent Well Spirits, Oblooterated, Rancho Relaxo, Results Are In, I See You, Buy A Life, Conga, Square Dance, Skullcracker, Flippin' Awesome, Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- Fixed the Director's Vision taunt not playing both variations for the Pyro.
- Updated the prioritization method used when choosing which partner taunt to join such that players under the crosshair will have the highest priority.
- Fixed being able to taunt with enemies between spawn room doors.
- Fixed a bug where players that are taunting would not use the correct animation.
- Updated the Conga taunt to play sounds on the client instead of the server.
- Updated the target ID to be hidden while taunting.
December 8, 2014 Patch (End of the Line Update)
- Added Pyro Taunt - Pool Party.
- Fixed some taunt sound effects that were clipping the character lines.
- Added 3 taunts: The Boston Breakdance, The Killer Solo and Most Wanted.
- Fixed self-made taunts not displaying the community-sparkle particle effect.
July 2, 2015 Patch (Gun Mettle Update)
- Added group taunt: the Kazotsky Kick.
- Added community taunts: the Proletariat Posedown and the Box Trot.
- Fixed the box used in the Box Trot taunt sometimes being the wrong color.
- Fixed an exploit related to taunting and then dying on the final control point of Payload maps.
- Fixed an issue with the Box Trot taunt when window focus changed.
- Fixed an exploit related to instantly completing a Payload map while taunting and picking up dropped weapons.
- Fixed Sentry Guns shooting over the head of Spies using the Box Trot taunt.
- Fixed players being able to carry the jack while taunting (fixes an exploit with The Eureka Effect).
- Fixed being able to cancel enemy taunts by hitting them with the ball.
October 6, 2015 Patch (Invasion Community Update)
- [Undocumented] Added community taunt: the Burstchester.
October 28, 2015 Patch (Scream Fortress 2015)
- Added two new community-made taunts to the Mann Co Store - Soldier's Requiem and Zoomin' Broom.
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- Added group taunt: the Mannrobics.
- Added community taunts: the Bad Pipes and the Bucking Bronco.
- Fixed some of the partner taunts not properly hiding the weapons.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- Added taunt: the Carlton.
- Added community taunts: the Balloonibouncer, Disco Fever and the Fubar Fanfare.
- Fixed being able to repeatedly activate taunts before the current one had ended while underwater.
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress 2016)
- Added two taunts to the Mann Co. Store.
- Taunt: The Victory Lap.
- Taunt: Second Rate Sorcery (community-created).
- Added a taunt Unusualifier.
- A new tool that will Unusualify the specified taunt with the Unusual effect listed in the tool's description.
- Can be found as a random bonus item when opening a Creepy Crawly Case.
- Fixed taunts not restoring the proper weapon when the taunts are finished.
December 21, 2016 Patch (Smissmas 2016)
- Added 3 taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- The Scotsmann's Stagger (community-contributed)
- The Didgeridrongo (community-contributed)
- The Table Tantrum (Valve)
- Fixed incorrect particle position for Unusual taunt effects when using the Rancho Relaxo
- [Undocumented] Added the Boiling Point.
October 20, 2017 Patch #1 (Jungle Inferno Update)
- Added 5 community taunts: The Dueling Banjo, the Jumping Jack, the Soviet Strongarm, the Russian Arms Race, and the Headcase.
- Added 2 official taunts: Yeti Punch and Yeti Smash.
- Added the Gas Blast taunt used by the Thermal Thruster.
- Fixed not being able to use the Thermal Thruster after taunting with it.
- Fixed a server crash related to taunting.
December 21, 2017 Patch (Smissmas 2017)
- Added 6 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: The Skating Scorcher
- Taunt: The Bunnyhopper
- Taunt: Runner's Rhythm
- Taunt: Luxury Lounge
- Taunt: Surgeon's Squeezebox
- Taunt: The Trackman's Touchdown
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress 2018)
- Added two new official taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: Panzer Pants
- Taunt: The Scooty Scoot
December 3, 2020 Patch (Smissmas 2020)
- Added 8 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
October 5, 2021 Patch (Scream Fortress 2021)
- Added 5 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: The Homerunner's Hobby
- Taunt: The Profane Puppeteer
- Taunt: The Drunken Sailor
- Taunt: Bare Knuckle Beatdown
- Taunt: The Mannbulance!
December 2, 2021 Patch (Smissmas 2021)
- Added 3 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: Doctor's Defibrillators
- Taunt: Shooter's Stakeout
- Taunt: The Hot Wheeler
October 5, 2022 Patch (Scream Fortress 2022)
- Added 5 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: The Travel Agent
- Taunt: The Scaredy-cat!
- Taunt: Drunk Mann's Cannon
- Taunt: Texas Twirl 'Em
- Taunt: Shanty Shipmate
December 5, 2022 Patch (Smissmas 2022)
- Added 3 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: Russian Rubdown
- Taunt: Tailored Terminal
- Taunt: Roasty Toasty
- Some kill taunts are affected by random damage spread and have a chance of not dealing 450+ damage, meaning an overhealed Heavy has a possibility of surviving a kill taunt.
- Most kill taunts are also reduced in damage by the Fists of Steel, allowing an overhealed Heavy, or one using the Dalokoh's Bar and having full health, to survive. Guitar Smash, Barbarian Swing and Fencing aren't reduced.
- Occasionally, a player may reload their active weapon while taunting, in cases where the weapon automatically reloads (such as if auto-reload is enabled or if the weapon's clip is empty).
- If the server variable
tf_allow_taunt_switchis set to 1 or 2, the effects of lunchbox items are not applied to the player if they are activated by taunting, as the game automatically switches the player's weapons during the consumption animation instead of after the animation has completed. However, the item is considered "consumed" and the player must wait for it to recharge before using it again.
- Using primary fire to consume such an item does not cause this to occur.
- It is sometimes possible to perform a kill taunt while the player's model is facing the opposite direction. This can be done by quickly turning before performing a taunt; the player's model will be facing one direction, while the kill taunt's effects occur in a different direction.
- If a taunt is done and the taunter is killed while performing it, the sounds and effects that are made may continue to play even if the player is dead.
- If a player without the Conga taunt plays the taunt via another player into a wall, the player without the taunt will continue to taunt until they are killed.
- If a Sniper using the Huntsman taunts while stunned by another Huntsman, they can still use their taunt kill to defend themselves.
- Occasionally, when a player taunts, the weapon that they are currently using appears in their character's hands.
- Using The Carlton taunt for Scout during round startup will cause the voice lines for the taunt to play indefinitely even after death, or switching off of a different class and then back to Scout. The only way to stop this is to leave the game, or stay playing as a different class for the rest of the match.
- Some taunts may not align with their hitboxes. This can be easily seen with on the Balloonibouncer taunt.
- If a Sniper uses The Thriller taunt, the player can get both the Be Polite and The Last Wave achievement at the same time, no matter what weapon you have equipped.
- There are two models for taunts in the game files that have no associated class or animation. One is red coffee mug with a "V for Victory" symbol on it, along with coffee inside the mug. The other is a serving platter with a skull inside of it, along with a towel under the bottom of the platter, suggesting it was to go over an arm.
- VTF filename strings for several taunt props were located within the
texture_preload_list.txtfile when it was originally added to the game in Scream Fortress 2015:
materials/models/workshop/player/items/spy/taunt__au_revoir/- Wasn't added, backpack icon made an appearance almost 2 years later in the Jungle Inferno Update leaks.
materials/models/workshop/player/items/spy/taunt_hoodoo_hex/- Wasn't added, backpack icon made an appearance almost 2 years later in the Jungle Inferno Update leaks.
materials/models/workshop/player/items/spy/taunt_sant/- Wasn't added, backpack icon made an appearance almost 2 years later in the Jungle Inferno Update leaks.
- The Jungle Inferno Update added backpack icons for 6 Spy taunts that all went unused. Of these, Au Revoir, Hoodoo Hex, and Santé made reappearances after previously being found in the Scream Fortress 2015 texture preload leak.
- The Smissmas 2020 update added an animation sequence,
taunt_taunt_pyrosnowman, for the Cold Combustion taunt.
- If a player enables
tf_allow_taunt_switch 2on a server, then taunts with any Pyro weapon and switches to the Rainblower while taunting, the Pyro will have a bubble wand in their hand instead of the Rainblower itself. This is due to the Pyro holding a bubble wand during the Armageddon taunt, which is usually only visible in Pyroland.
The unused serving platter model, similar to the Headcase.
Unused animation sequence for the Cold Combustion taunt.
- ↑ game\server\tf\tf_player.ccp:L18639
- ↑ Uses the Grenade Launcher taunt, which is mechanically the Demoman's secondary weapon despite its placement in his primary slot.