|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
Notes: update history
Halloween mode is a server mode which enables visibility of Halloween-restricted Cosmetics. Halloween mode is enabled on Valve Servers and Community servers connected to Valve during yearly Halloween events taking place between in October and early November. It can manually be enabled on servers by using the setting
tf_forced_holiday 2 in the server.cfg file.
October 29, 2009 Patch
(Haunted Hallowe'en Special
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
- One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
- Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
- 2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
- Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
- New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
October 29, 2013 Patch (Scream Fortress 2013)
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress 2014)
- Help Merasmus with his carnival on the new map Carnival of Carnage
- 50 new Halloween-themed cosmetics from the Steam workshop
- Added 6 new achievements
- All Unusual hats and taunts that are unboxed during the event will receive Halloween-themed Unusual effects
- Added Halloween crates to the Mann Co. Store. These crates do not require a key to open
- Added a new comic to the Team Fortress 2 website
October 28, 2015 Patch (Scream Fortress 2015)
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress 2016)
October 26, 2017 Patch (Scream Fortress 2017)
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress 2018)
October 10, 2019 Patch (Scream Fortress 2019)
- Featured 2 new community maps: Laughter and Precipice
- Added the Spooky Spoils Case
- Added 20 new community-created Unusual effects
- All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don't already have one
October 1, 2020 Patch (Scream Fortress 2020)
October 5, 2021 Patch (Scream Fortress 2021)
tf_forced_holiday 2 should be enabled via server.cfg or before changing to a Halloween event map. Enabling Halloween mode whilst the map is running may cause the server to crash from a non-preloaded model.
tf_forced_holiday 2 can also be used to enable spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann and MONOCULUS in any map with