— The Engineer
The Jumping Jack is a community-created special taunt for the Engineer.
When activated through the taunts menu, the Engineer pulls a jackhammer out of his tool pocket and rides on it. The player can freely move during the taunt with the directional keys, albeit slower than usual. While riding, the jackhammer makes a loud noise and creates a smoke trail as well as holes in the ground. When the player ends the taunt, the Engineer jumps off the jackhammer and puts it back in his tool pocket.
The Jumping Jack was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
October 20, 2017 Patch #1 (Jungle Inferno Update)
- The Jumping Jack was added to the game.
- Updated the description.
- The Jumping Jack displays incorrectly on the loadout screen and Mann Co. Store, showing the Engineer's default Shotgun pose with the Jackhammer awkwardly positioned in front of him.
- Sometimes, the jackhammer does not produce a smoke trail or pierce holes in the floor.
- As with most moving taunts, falling from a height stops the taunt's sounds from playing, although in this taunt's case the sounds restart after a few moments.
- Sometimes, the jackhammer shows the incorrect team color.
- If the player kills themselves by typing
explodein the console or by falling off of the edge of a map, the sounds from the jackhammer will continue to be heard until the player respawns.
- The item's name is a pun based off the jumping jack exercise, a traditional full-body jumping workout, and a jackhammer.