When activated through the taunts menu, the Engineer pulls a jackhammer out of his tool pocket and rides on it. The player can freely move during the taunt with the directional keys, albeit slower than usual. While riding, the jackhammer makes a loud noise and creates a smoke trail as well as holes in the ground. When the player ends the taunt, the Engineer will jump off the jackhammer and put it back in his tool pocket.
The Jumping Jack was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Added the Jumping Jack to the game.
- The Jumping Jack displays incorrectly on the loadout screen and Mann Co. Store, showing the Engineer's default Shotgun pose with the Jackhammer awkwardly positioned in front of him.
- Sometimes, the jackhammer will not produce a smoke trail or pierce holes in the floor.
- As with most moving taunts, falling from a height will stop the taunt's sounds from playing, although in this case the sound will restart after a few moments.
- Sometimes, the Jackhammer will show the incorrect team color.
- The Jumping Jack's name is a pun based off the Jumping Jack exercise, a traditional full-body jumping workout, and a Jackhammer, which the Engineer rides about in a hopping motion.