When selected from the taunts menu, a wooden helm appears in front of the Demoman as he picks up a bottle of booze labeled "GROG" and drinks heartily from it; he gently tilts the helm from side to side as he looks to the sides. Pressing primary fire (default key: ) makes the Demoman say a cheery line while tilting the helm more energetically before spinning it to the right, drinking with a triumphant pose, and burping; pressing alt-fire (default key: ) makes the Demoman complain and signal people to move out of the way. When the taunt ends, the helm falls apart, and the Demoman drops its wheel and the bottle on the ground.
The Drunken Sailor was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Drunken Sailor was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Updated the description of the Drunken Sailor.
- The taunt is a reference to a skit from The Eric Andre Show.
- The taunt's name is a reference to the sea shanty of the same name.
- On the Demoman's bottle, the labelled drink is grog, which is traditionally a cocktail of diluted rum, often with citrus juice and long-associated with pirates.