The Carouser's Capotain is a community-created cosmetic item for the Demoman. It is a tall-crowned, team-colored capotain - also known as a pilgrim or Witch Hunter hat - with a black band and the Demoman's original class icon on a dull gold circle on the front, and a black design printed on the front of its rim.
- The Carouser's Capotain was added to the game.
- The Carouser's Capotain's painting texture was improved.
- [Undocumented] The Carouser's Capotain was added to the Mann Co. Store.
September 13, 2011 [Item schema update]
- Updated the backpack image.
- Updated the Carouser's Capotain with an improved appearance.
- This item was introduced when the Demoman still had his bomb emblem on his arms. Even after the November 19, 2010 Patch which changed the Demoman's emblem to a stickybomb, the emblem shown on this item wasn't updated.
- The item's description is a reference to The Bible, specifically Exodus 22:18, which is often translated as "Suffer not a witch to live", referring to the Puritans and their practice of executing those accused of witchcraft.
- A carouser is a participant in a noisy, lively drinking party or one who engages in drinking plentiful amounts of alcohol.
- Capotains are associated mostly with Puritans in the years leading up to the English Civil War, though they were around in England and Europe from the 1590's and went out of fashion around about the mid-seventeenth century.