Mann Co. Catalog
The Mann Co. Catalog is an in-game index of all items within Team Fortress 2. Released in the Mann-Conomy Update, the catalog enables players to view information and images of specific items and provides shortcuts to each item's respective article on the Team Fortress Wiki (through the "Item Wiki Page" button) as well as links to purchase said item in the Mann Co. Store. There are currently over 1,500 items listed in the Mann Co. Catalog.
The catalog may be accessed through the "Items" screen on the main menu.
Item Selection Window
Nearly all of the items presently or historically obtainable in the game are listed in the catalog. The arrows may be clicked to scroll through the pages, or a parameter may be chosen from the drop down box. When hovering over an item, a larger image of it will pop up. Upon selecting an item in the Catalog, information will be provided through the Info Pane.
This box provides detailed information about the items available in Team Fortress 2. When an item is selected, the Info Pane indicates which class may equip the item, the slot to which it is assigned, provides a brief item description, lists the item's effect(s), and also lists the tools that are compatible with it.
View in Store
This button leads to the selected item's Mann Co. Store page, where it may be available for purchase. On the item's store page, players can preview the item in use by any class that may equip it. This button does not work with the new Mann Co. Store UI which has been assigned to users at random for testing.
Old 'View in Store' screen showing Your Eternal Reward
Item Wiki Page
This button opens the selected item's article on the Team Fortress Wiki in the Steam Web Browser.
This tab leads back to the Stats page.
- The Mann Co. Catalog was added to the game.
- Fixed a problem with the Mann Co. Catalog images being drawn off-screen.
- A number of items are absent from the Catalog, such as the Winger, Atomizer, Machina, Crusader's Crossbow, Build and Demolish PDA, Sapper, Duck Journal, Propaganda Contest winners' hats, and the Costume Transmogrifier.
- Many special keys such as Festive Winter Crate Key and the Refreshing Summer Cooler Key were replaced with a 'normal' key after their respective events ended, resulting in the Mann Co. Supply Crate Key being listed over ten times.
- The catalog cannot be exited if it is accessed through the trade page.
- The Name Tag is listed twice, but only the second image links to the TF2 wiki page.
- Since the December 20, 2013 Patch, all Cosmetic items are listed under the Miscellaneous (Misc) Items tab instead of the Headgear (Hats) tab. The Headgear tab has not been removed, but it is empty.
- Since the February 29, 2016 Patch, items that are not tradable (such as achievement items) are no longer gift wrappable, but the Mann Co. Catalog still states the opposite.
- The catalog will state that items such as the Golden Wrench and the Saxxy can be gift-wrapped.
- The catalog will state that the Red Rock Roscoe War Paint can be applied to almost every item the catalog lists, including cosmetics and crates.
- The catalog mentions that the Cow Mangler 5000 can receive critical hits by the effects of the Kritzkrieg, despite all critical hits from that weapon being automatically turned into mini-crits.
- The Gloves of Running Urgently is listed twice, with each one having different weapon attributes. The first one has the correct attributes and includes a link to the Mann Co. Store, while the second one uses the old attributes prior to the changes made on the Jungle Inferno Update and does not include a link to the Store.
- The book cover of the icon for the Catalog spells itself as "Catalogue". In the USA (where Team Fortress 2 is set) and Canada, both catalog and catalogue spellings are used, with catalogue more traditional and catalog far more common. The Mann Co. Catalogue book uses the spelling common in Commonwealth English, in accordance with Mann Co. being an international (and partly-Australian) company in the game's lore (note the outline of Australia itself on the cover).