The Shutterbug is a community-created cosmetic item for the Spy. It is a dark team-colored bowler hat with a camera lens coming out of the front and two photos attached to a light team-colored band, one being the photo of the RED Spy walking and holding hands with the BLU Scout's mother shown in Meet the Spy (albeit mirrored) and the other being a photo of the opposing team's intelligence.
This item has three styles, named "Paint: Rim", "Paint: Full" and "Paint: Lens". Each style paints a different part of the hat: either its rim, the entire hat, or the camera's lens.
The Shutterbug was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Paint: Rim
- Paint: Full
- Paint: Lens
|Paint: Rim||Paint: Full||Paint: Lens|
This item has very little effect on its appearance when its styles are changed unless painted. Pink as Hell paint is used here for demonstration purposes.
- The Shutterbug was added to the game.
- Updated the Shutterbug cosmetic item to fix styles that were missed when the item was originally added.
- [Undocumented] Made the Shutterbug paintable.
- On the "Paint: Rim" style, using the Waterlogged Lab Coat paint on this item provides absolutely no visual difference in-game on the BLU team. This happens because the exact same color values are used for both the paint and BLU Team's default "unpainted" color.
- The reflection on the lens is missing for the BLU Team variation of the "Paint: Rim" style.
- "Shutterbug" is a word used to refer to an enthusiastic photographer. "Bug" is also a name commonly used for covert listening devices.