Dark Age Defender
The Dark Age Defender is a community-created cosmetic item for the Demoman. It adds a wrought-iron breastplate, codpiece, and spiked pauldrons to the Demoman's default armour, in whole composing it into a set of medieval plate armour.
The Dark Age Defender was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Dark Age Defender was added to the game.
June 17, 2013 [Item schema update]
- Removed 'Back', 'Feet' and 'Pants (Demoman)' equip regions.
- [Undocumented] Fixed levels not showing up in-game.
August 20, 2013 [Item schema update]
- Changed item type to Cosmetic Armor.
- [Undocumented] Added the Dark Age Defender to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The item's name refers to the Dark Ages, an outdated historiographical term used for the Early Middle Ages (circa 500 - 1000 AD). Despite popular conception, the term is now largely discouraged as knowledge and learning did not drop from Roman times, as was commonly thought in later centuries.
- Furthermore, although this item is labeled "Dark Age", this sort of plate armor is more akin to what would be developed around the High Middle Ages (c. 1000 - 1250 AD).
- The description of this item has the mentioning of the name Merlin, the exact name of the legendary wizard and enchanter from Arthurian legend, although of how it is phrased, it uses the name as a sort of term in a way.