License to Maim
The License to Maim is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is the Freelance Police badge used by the characters Sam and Max, which is a gold badge with the words "Sam & Max Freelance Police" and a number one engraved upon it. A blue star with the scales of justice on it also appears centered on the badge.
The badge is awarded alongside the Lugermorph after defeating Max during a round of Poker Night at the Inventory in which he has bought in with the two items instead of cash. As of May 23, 2019, the game has been removed from sale. However, any owners may still obtain its promotional items.
|Special Item: Max|
Knock out Max after he's bought in with his special item.
- The License to Maim was added to the game.
- The License to Maim disappears on death.
- The License to Maim is a play on the character James Bond's License to Kill.
- This item and the Lugermorph are collectively known in Poker Night at the Inventory as the Crimestomper Combo.
- The "1" engraved on the License to Maim denotes that it belongs to Sam, implying that, in Poker Night at the Inventory, Max wagered his partner's badge instead of his own.
- To maim someone means to injure them to the point where their body is permanently damaged.
- TF2 Official Blog: "Shh. Sascha is asleep!" – November 3, 2010