This item has two styles, named "Style 1" and "Style 2". "Style 1" applies paint to the front of the beard, while "Style 2" applies it to the entirety of the beard. When unpainted, there are no differences between the two styles.
The Five-Month Shadow was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Style 1
- Style 2
|Style 1||Style 2|
This item has no effect on its appearance when its styles are changed unless painted. Zepheniah's Greed paint is used here for demonstration purposes.
- The Five-Month Shadow was added to the game.
- Updated The Five-Month Shadow to fix a paint-related problem.
- Updated models/materials for The Five-Month Shadow.
- [Undocumented] Added new styles to the Five-Month Shadow.
- The item's name is a play on the term "five o'clock shadow", the stubble on a man's face that grows during the day.
- The name is not merely a joke; average beard growth at five months does approximately match the Sniper's facial hair at this item's point.
- The design of the beard is a reference to R.J. MacReady, the main character in the 1982 film The Thing.