The Cozy Camper is a community-created secondary weapon for the Sniper. It is a large team-colored backpack with camping gear attached. The attached gear includes Jarate, a Stainless Pot, a miniature Australian flag, and a koala doll with a slouch hat. The pot and the Jarate sway when the Sniper moves.
When equipped, and only when the Sniper Rifle or the Huntsman is fully charged, the Cozy Camper prevents the Sniper from 'flinching' such that the Sniper Rifle's scope or the Huntsman's charge is not affected when taking damage, such as weapon fire, bleeding, or afterburn. Additionally, overall knockback is reduced by 20% when aiming, and the Sniper gains 1 HP per second; this regeneration increases over time to 4 HP per second until the Sniper takes damage again, in much the same way as the Medic's passive health regeneration.
In Mann vs. Machine, the Cozy Camper health regeneration is always 4 health points per second, regardless if the player was recently injured or not.
The Cozy Camper was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
|Reclaimed Metal||Jarate||Razorback||Cozy Camper|
|Class Token - Sniper||Slot Token - Secondary||Scrap Metal|
- In some cases, when in the loadout screen, the Jarate attached to the bag may become invisible when seen from an angle when rotated behind.
- The Cozy Camper does not appear when inspected from the Backpack menu.
- The backpack icon still shows the original green version of the item as opposed to the new one.
- The Cozy Camper was intended to be shipped during the Australian Christmas 2011 update, but was held back for polish and to test the stats.
- The texture for this item contains a picture of the Heavy as seen in the Meet the Sniper video.
- The name "The Cozy Camper" is a play on words to the act of camping in First-Person Shooters, which has been dubbed as "camping" due to its nature of staying in one place for extending periods of time.