The TF2VRH (short for Team Fortress 2 Very Rectangular Headset) is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is a black head-mounted display unit with a rectangular screen that covers the wearer's eyes, has 2 triangles indented on the sides of the screen, 2 bolts attached to the sides of the center of the unit, a strap that goes around the forehead, and a yellow jiggleboned wire coming from the top of the unit to the side of the user's head. The whole headset is designed to look like the Oculus Rift VR head-mounted display.
If the player is using a virtual reality headset as a display while playing Team Fortress 2 and has entered
-vr into the game's launch preferences, the TF2VRH will emit the same glow as the "On" style, regardless of the player's chosen style.
This item has two styles, named "Off" and "On". The "On" style allows the headset to emit a faint team-colored glow.
This item is awarded in Genuine quality to players who redeem the code obtained by preordering an Oculus Rift development kit from the official developer website before April 1, 2013 or by backing any level on the official Kickstarter page.
- In real life, the Demoman would be unable to actually use the stereoscopy of the VR head-mounted display, since the Demoman only has one eye and two eyes are needed to see a 3D image.
- Oculus Rift at Wikipedia
- Oculus Rift official website
- More info about the Rift DK1
- TF2 Official Blog post - Future Shock
- Official developer blog post about receiving the hat if one donated via Kickstarter
- Page to receive the hat from pre-order or by Kickstarter donation