|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||October 28, 2015|
|Last updated:||October 28, 2015|
|Developer(s):||Josh "HeyU" Harris|
Harlen "UEAKCrash" Linke
Jake "Jukebox" Jackubowski
|Hazards:||Gator, Pumpkin bombs,|
|Health drain, Stygian waters|
|Health Kits:||×3 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×6|
Moonshine Event is a community-made King of the Hill map. It is a Halloween version of the custom map Moonshine, added in the Scream Fortress 2015 update. Halloween spells are scattered throughout the map for players to use, and the control point uses Ghost Fort's Wheel of Fate. Soul Gargoyles spawn on the map for each player individually during game play.
Moonshine Event was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
'Note: If you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
- Bayou Shipping House: At the center of the map, a shipping house with a dock holds the control point. The shipping house is cover for a top-secret surveillance outpost located on the top floor of the building. The Bayou Shipping House contains a small ammo pack inside the building, a small health kit in front off the control point on a small island, and a small ammo and health pack under the building in the water.
- Above the control point is a clock like the one on Helltower and the Wheel of Fate from Ghost Fort. Every time the point changes hands, the Wheel of Fate spins.
- The Industrial Houses: Each team has an industrial house leading to the control point. Each Industrial House has two entrances from the spawn rooms and multiple exits to the center of the map. Industrial house contains access to multiple decks to snipe from and lofts so that Engineers can set up bases. Each team's Industrial Houses contains a medium ammo pack and a medium health kit on the left and right paths to the point. There is a medium ammo pack located porch near the control point.
- Cabins: Swampy cabins contain the spawn areas and medical cabinets. Cabins have three spawn doors to reduce spawn camping.
- Underworld: If the Wheel of Fate lands on Dance-Off, all players are teleported to the Underworld to dance. Occasionally, upon capturing the control point, a yellow portal may appear in the middle of the map. Entering the portal takes the player to the Underworld. The Underworld has a health drain effect and players receive an overheal upon arrival. There are two rare spells down here; one behind the rock near the spawn point, and one on a rock up the staircase to the left. At the top of the staircase is a door that teleports the player back to the surface with temporary Invulnerability and crit boost. Unlike the bayou waters in the main portion of the map, the Underworld waters will instantly kill those who fall in them.
1.Spawn Yard 2.Industrial Houses 3.Bayou Shipping House
Red diagonal lines: Red spawnroom Blue diagonal lines: Blu spawnroom
Yellow circle: The Hill/capture point
Control Point timing
Wheel of Fate
Since Merasmus booby-trapped the Control Point, a "Wheel of Fate" is spun whenever the Control Point is captured. Its effect will be bestowed upon all players of both teams and will be displayed on each player's HUD next to their health, as well as announced by Merasmus. The effect will expire after a short period of time or when a rapid changeover of the Control Point occurs and causes the new effect to replace it. The list of possible effects are as follows:
|Super Jump makes every player jump much higher. In compensation, players do not receive fall damage.|
|Small Head will shrink the players' heads. This increases their vocal pitching. This does not affect the hitbox of the head.|
|Super Speed makes every player run faster.|
|Zero Gravity lowers the map gravity, making higher areas accessible. Also allows the players to jump farther.|
|Big Head will cause the players' heads to grow larger. This lowers their vocal pitching. This does not affect the hitbox of the head.|
|ÜberCharge makes every player invulnerable. Because of this, the point cannot be captured for a short time. Merasmus will question why he has such an option on the Wheel of Fate. This effect is far shorter in length than others.|
|Critical Hits grants 100% critical chance on each player. This effect is shorter in length than others.|
|Dance Off teleports every player to the underworld with overheal and aligns them into two parallel rows, the RED team in one line and BLU in the other, while they all stop and do the Thriller taunt with Merasmus, who teleports to either end of the rows. After two rounds of taunts, players regain control and will be able to attack the enemies now directly in front of them.|
|Whammy has negative effects and will either ignite every player, bestow bleeding effects on every player, rain Jarate on players, or spawn Ghosts that encircle the area around the Control Point.|
These cards also appear on the Wheel of Fate while it is spinning, but they do not have any effects and cannot be picked.
October 28, 2015 Patch (Scream Fortress 2015)
- Added Moonshine Event to the game.
- One of the giant skull's missing teeth in the Underworld was replaced with a toy train engine.