|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||October 1, 2020|
|Last updated:||October 28, 2020|
|Developer(s):||Sammy "Berry" Bunting|
Chris "Another Bad Pun" Williams
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Zach "Exactol" Matuson
Aeon "Void" Bollig
Christoph "Gadget" Manschitz
Ivan "Crowbar" Sokolov
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Theo "TheoF114" Fletcher
Pitfall, Pumpkin bombs, Crushing
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×2|
Megalo is a community-made Halloween-themed asymmetrical King of the Hill map, featuring a Haunted Ghost Train, added in the Scream Fortress 2020 update.
Megalo was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
The center platform has three tracks crossing it, one for each of three levels, and it raises and lowers periodically. There is a bottomless pit below the point that kills any player that falls in. The platform starts at the bottom level, then raises to the middle one, then to the top one, then lowers back to the bottom one, then repeating this cycle. Once raised or lowered, the Ghost Train passes through using the level selected by the platform, but always arriving from the same direction on each level.
As a Train, the Ghost Train instantly kills any player it hits; however, as a Ghost, it scares any player it closely misses. The dark timbers along the track approximately indicate the scare range with the kill range existing between the dark timbers.
The Ghost Train's schedule varies from about 20 to 60 seconds between each run. On the middle and top tracks, clanging bells and flashing lights warn of the passing Ghost Train, but these warnings are not given on the lower level. The Ghost Train (or the map) also emits the nominal Ghost moans and the occasional Zephania "Boo!" whenever the Ghost Train makes a run, but these ghastly sounds can be difficult to hear over the bell and Train noises (the moans are clearer to Spectators below the map level).
Note: if you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see there exact position marked on the map.
- Turntable: A circular rising and falling platform where the control point is located.
- The Pit: A pit with train tracks overlooking the point, one on each side.
- Underpoint: A wooden platform underneath the point with a medium ammo pack and small health pack.
- The Stairs: A set of stairs to access the Underpoint and spawn.
- The Factory: Fringing the Pit on either side is a building, with a sheltered Catwalk leading to the Ledge.
- The Valley: The small low area behind the Factory between the Spawn area exits.
- Spawn Yard: Between the Spawn and the Valley is the Yard which gives way to the three entrances to the Valley.
1.Yard 2.Valley 3. Factories
Red diagonal lines: Red spawnroom Blue diagonal lines: Blu spawnroom
Yellow circle: the Hill/control point sitting on top of the Turntable with the Underpoint below it
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control Point timing
October 1, 2020 Patch (Scream Fortress XII)
- Added Megalo to the game.
- Fixed minor out of bounds teleporter exploit
- Added pumpkin bombs
- Fixed players building Teleporters in RED spawn
- Updated Megalo map stamp to fix incorrect image.
- It is possible to see the tips of the Ghost Train's horns, as well as the particle effects it emits, clipping through the floors in the tracks at the rear of the Spawn rooms.
- This is easier to see in RED's spawn, as the Ghost Train waits to cross the center platform at its lowest level right below it.
- Fireflies can be seen flashing just to the left of each of the top tunnel portals.
- Ghost trains are a peculiarity of U.S. mysteries, the oldest reputedly being Abraham Lincoln's Funeral Train that haunts Washington D.C. and other cities.
- Two gravestones illuminated by a candle next to a tree with two ghost dolls hanging from its branches can be found outside the playable area and away from normal view on the RED side of the map.
- A wooden deer cutout can be found behind a rock to the left of the building the Ghost Train goes into after crossing the center platform on the middle level.
All of the posters on the map are "haunted" versions of the regular companies, posters, and products.