Sawmill (King of the Hill)
Sawmill has multiple variations, including Arena, Capture the Flag, Smissmas, and Halloween.
|Sawmill (King of the Hill)|
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||August 13, 2009|
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×4|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×2 • ×2|
Set in a stormy mountain sawmill, this arena map has its cap point in a large structure atop a hill in the center of the map; beneath which lies a hidden underground spytech base; and above which, pouring down on everything we just mentioned, is rain—the first weather effect to appear in a TF map. If that previous sentence wasn’t long enough for you, replace the period with a comma and add this next part: players must ALSO watch out for the two deadly saw blades near the cap, which were left on when the previous occupants abandoned it for a less deadly, hilly, rain-swamped sawmill not built on a spybase.
Sawmill is a King of the Hill map, a modified version of Sawmill (Arena). It was released with the Classless Update, in conjunction with its Capture the Flag variant as an official map. Sawmill (King of the Hill) has an almost identical layout to its Arena variant.
The goal is to capture the control point and seize it for a duration of 3 minutes, while stopping the other team from doing the same.
Note: If you are having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
- Waterfall: Located on the right hand side of RED's spawn area, a titular waterfall flows down from a gray cliff into the center of a large pool. Logs form a floating path across the pool, although the water itself is not too deep. A mini health kit can be found in the center of the logs. There is also an obvious 'hidden' path that goes behind the waterfall that can be used in case of watchful enemy eyes.
- The Cave - A cavern makes a wide loop around one side of the map behind the waterfall, and can be defended at either end.
- Log Shed: On the right hand side of BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, full of timber, standing over a flooded ditch. Another mini health kit sits on a pile of planks within the shed.
- Center Shed: The center of the map is dominated by a large shed that houses multiple entries for either team. Within the center of the shed is the map's control point. Two large, circular Head Saws move linear to the control point, generate large amounts of noise, and serve as deadly obstacles to players as they attempt to capture the point. Logs are suspended above the area.
- Rooftops - Outside each spawn room are walkways which lead to the roof of the building directly across from them. Another wooden plank connects these rooftops to the Alcoves inside The Mill.
- The Alcoves - On either side of the control point, perpendicular to the sides dominated by the blades, are two windowed ledges, with stairs leading down to the ground floor. These small 'rooms' can be defended by a determined Engineer, if he sets up a Sentry nest early.
1.Rooftops 2.Cave 3.Waterfall 4.Center Shed 5.Alocoves 6.Log Shed
Main article: Community Sawmill (King of the Hill) strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control Point timing
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- Added Sawmill (King of the Hill) to the game.
October 29, 2009 Patch (Haunted Halloween Special)
- Fixed Engineer exploit.
- It is possible to clip onto the edge of Blu Spawn roof by explosive jumping.
- It is possible for an Engineer to build on the head saw tracks without the buildings being destroyed by the saws.
- The Head Saws are possible to jam if a player walks into their sides and lets the saws to drag the player with them. If the player then gets stopped by a building or another player, the saw will stop moving until the player dies while continuing to circle and kill anyone who walks into them.
- The Classless Update: Day 2 - King of the Hill game mode, Viaduct, Nucleus (King of the Hill) and Sawmill (King of the Hill) maps