|Map type||King of the Hill|
|Release date:||October 5, 2021 Patch|
(Scream Fortress 2021)
|Developer(s):||Ryan "Chill" Foy|
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Pitfalls,|
|Health drain, Pitfalls,|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×7|
|Ammo Boxes:||×7 • ×1|
Be the first team to summon the skeleton king this Scream Fortress in... LOS MUERTOS! A unique take on a day of the (un)dead celebration taking place in a small village with a terrible curse!
— Los Muertos publicity blurb
Los Muertos is a community-made King of the Hill map set in a Mexican (or Badlands) town late at night broadly decorated as if for Día de los Muertos (Spanish for "Day of the Dead").
The control point is at the center of the town plaza in front of the large Spanish Colonial cathedral. Around the map are many decorations resembling ofrendas, but without the traditional pictures of the departed. Calaveras and Aztec Marigolds adorn the map, and each Witching Hour magic spells spawn and a Path of Marigolds bridge opens to an altar that transports the players to the Land of the Dead. At the end of each round, skeletons join the living, rising from around the map (with the "skeleton king" spawning inside the cathedral) and attack anyone still alive before the match ends or round restarts.
Los Muertos was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Spawn: For both Red and Blu, the spawn is a yard nestled between Mexican-style houses.
- Road: The road is a tight series of pathways that diverges out and serves as the rollout to point.
- Bus: The bright red bus right outside of each spawn, acts as a blind spot to hide from the spawning-in team.
- Terminal: Spawning team's overlook of the Bakery choke-point.
- House: A path within the Buildings across from Spawn.
- Street: Flank that connects the main road to the Bell Tower.
- Cathedral: Adjacent to the point, the Cathedral serves as a side flank to the enemy's side (which passes beneath both Bell Towers). The Sarcophagus (Tomb) towards the back provides cover.
- Bell Tower/Tower: The Tower is a side entrance to the Cathedral (not to be confused with the smaller bell towers closer to the point).
- Entrance: Doors fronting onto the Point.
- Bakery/Café: The choke between Cliff-side Road and the Alley. Also known as Red Bread and Blue Pastries.
- Alley: Located between the Tower and the Bakery/Café.
- Balcony: Overlooks the Alley, reachable only by jumping.
- Café: Choke between Alley and Grounds.
- Roof: Jumpable flank of the Café choke-point.
- Grounds: Open high-ground across the point and the Cathedral. The Crypt is also located there.
- Crypt (Tomb): Hidden pocket that contains a tomb, serves no real purpose but can provide a small amount of high-ground.
- Platform: Platform on the edge, next to the Cliff. Opens up to the Marigold Bridge.
- Marigold Bridge: Opens on Witching Hour between the Platform and Church Tower room.
- Church: The back wall of the Church's Tower Room; serves as the portal to the Land of the Dead.
- Town square: Encompasses the Control Point.
- Planters: A wall topped with flowers and brush, the Planters provide cover from enemies near (but not directly on) the point.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
October 5, 2021 Patch (Scream Fortress 2021)
- Added Los Muertos to the game.
- Fixed console warnings.
- Fixed a respawn visualizer not showing up on the RED side.
- Fixed falling off the edge when entering the Land of the Dead with higher than normal movement velocity. Now when entering the portal, player speed will be set to 0.
- Fixed being able to spam grenades and rockets through rooftops.
- Updated contributors display list for Los Muertos to add a missing contributor.
A poster advertising a trip to "Las Islas Perdidas" (The Lost Islands).
A poster advertising "Binder's Paletas"
A warning poster about the Skeleton King.
A poster advertising the Bat Outta Hell.