Gun Mettle Campaign Coin
The Gun Mettle Campaign Coin is an item which allows the owner to receive contracts in the Gun Mettle Campaign. It is obtainable by activating the Gun Mettle Campaign Pass, and tracks the player's contract progress during the campaign, including: Campaign Contract Bonus Points, Campaign Contracts Completed, and Campaign Kills.
- Campaign Contract Points track total points accrued from submitting completed contracts, from 100 points (on normal completion) to up to 130 points (on completion with bonus points) per contract.
- Campaign Contract Bonus Points track amount of points accrued via accomplishing advanced objectives after getting the 100 points for the normal contract, up to 30 bonus points per contract.
- Campaign Contracts Completed track the total number of contracts completed and submitted.
- Campaign Kills track the total number of kills made, during the campaign. Tracks whole kills on Valve servers, and fractional kills on non-Valve servers.
The coin starts at Gravel quality and is leveled up every 1000 CP. Current quality of the coin appears on the scoreboard next to the player's name.
|Level 1||Gravel Gun Mettle Campaign Coin|
|Bronze Gun Mettle Campaign Coin|
|Silver Gun Mettle Campaign Coin|
|Australium Gun Mettle Campaign Coin|
July 2, 2015 Patch #1 (Gun Mettle Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Gun Mettle Campaign Coin.
- Fixed a case where Campaign Coins weren't displaying the correct stats based on the number of submitted contracts.
- Everyone affected by this bug has received the maximum contract points (including bonus points) for the missing contracts.
- Updated the backpack images for the Gun Mettle Campaign Coin.
- Updated the descriptions for the Gun Mettle Campaign Pass and the Gun Mettle Campaign Coin to indicate the campaign has ended
- In the Steam inventory, this item is displayed as "Gravel Gun Mettle Campaign Coin" regardless of the level.
- Each of the four coins has a design on it that refers to the Team Fortress 2 lore, as told in comics and other supporting material:
- The Gravel coin says "In Pits We Trust - 100% Pure Badlands Gravel". Over a pile of gravel, it says "5¢".
- The Bronze coin depicts Claude Huggins, "Founder of Teufort, NM", underneath a horse. The small words say "A proud legacy of hiding". The coin is worth a "half dollar". It is a reference to page 41 of A Cold Day in Hell.
- The Silver coin depicts Abraham Lincoln rocket jumping on the Silver Dollar. The text to the right says "I love Arena Mode", and the text on the left says "Inventor of the Rocket Jump". It is a reference to Day 2 of the Sniper vs. Spy Update and Day 7 of the WAR! Update, respectively.
- The Australium coin depicts "Queen Trixie", a kangaroo, and the words "100% Pure Australium". A year range of 1947-1967 is given, as well as the designation of "100 Australian Dollars". Queen Trixie also appears on Australian postage here and here.