How'd you get it? Arrran Weeviling 08:32, 3 October 2013 (PDT)
- You don't. StarHorder 08:33, 3 October 2013 (PDT)
- To elaborate on this, from what it says in the schema, it appears that the hat will be a promo item for the upcoming TF2 chess set that will be coming out at some point, probably in the near future. Hope that helps. --Omolong (talk) 11:10, 3 October 2013 (PDT)
New section suggestion
Similarly how we have a section on Ball-Kicking Boots regarding the ball that spawns, I was thinking if we could do something similar here for each different symbol depending on the kill count. Having this table means we don't need to include these pictures on the gallery, and the page will look more clean. We can add a brief description regarding how the killstreak works on this cosmetic... maybe also investigate if assists counts towards the kills (maybe 2 assists equals 1 kill)?. And what about Medic healing a teammate and the teammate kills a lot of enemies, would the Medic Grandmaster level up?
|Number of kills||RED||BLU|
|5 or more kills|
I don't have the hat to confirm if these kill amounts are correct. I looked it up an image that had each symbol being increased per kill. Sadly the cosmetic is pretty expensive so I'm unable to check that and I doubt this unique mechanic works via itemtest. - ▪ - 16:02, 19 March 2022 (UTC)
- Well I tested on itemtest, here's some stuff:
- The number of kills information was incorrect, it changes per kill and it stops after 5 kills. Updated the table.
- Medic healing a teammate that kills an enemy will not level up the Grandmaster (no symbol change at the top);
- Assists does not contribute to level up (even 2 assists does not change the symbol);
- It seems that touching the Resupply Locker resets the Grandmaster's symbol, might be a bug.
- Kills made by a Sentry Gun will count and will change the symbols on top.
- By damaging some bots and typing "bot_kill all" on console to force them to die by the "envrioment" does also increase your Grandmaster killstreak.
- How does that look? (Testing things out here: User:Gabrielwoj/Sandbox). Infobox is buggy since the page is located on my Sandbox. There's a few things that it requires confirmation:
- Does robot kills made on Mann vs. Machine count? (most likely yes considering killing bots contributes to the Killstreak, and on MVM is basically a more glorified version of bot's via "tf_bot_add");
- Does Telefrag causes the hologram to update?
- Confirm that other enviriomental kills counts towards the killstreak, I only tested the "finished off" by using "bot_kill all" after they received damage.
- The place where _TOC_ is located is the same as how it is on the Ball-Kicking Boots page... it looks strange, so I think we should remove from that page as well.
- This is an absolute great idea, not only it brings clarity in this item's unique killstreak-like feature, but also gives a glance on "what to expect" to the people who wishes on trading for this item. I like the table, my only suggestion, if it is possible of course, making the images smaller. The table, as it is now and in the sandbox, is too huge compared to the images in the gallery section or even compared to the structure of the article. This does not necessary have to mean that the images should be at the same size as the aforementioned sections, but something in between would be good. Yossef | Talk | Contributions 07:59, 21 March 2022 (UTC)