User:Mikado282/Community topics notability assessment project
Under this Community topics notability assessment project, all preexisting custom maps are systematically assessed for notability according to the Team Fortress Wiki:Community topics notability guidelines (Policy).
|Assess notability keep/remove assessment of all present Community topic pages.||Not done|
|Complete tags and documentation of kept Community topic pages.||Not done|
|Remove non-notable Community topics from the Main Space; and, remove non-notable Community topic pages from Main Space categories; possibly requiring modification to common templates.||Not done|
|As quickly as practical, tag the Community topics pages we broadly agree to keep as "keep" (notable) and delete the ones we broadly agree to delete. With this done:|
1) Editors can fix the style and quality issues of the ones we keep without concern of the effort being "wasted". The question of notability should no longer delay application of style and qualify.
|Field open issues with the Policy.||Not done|
|Confirm and establish the Category tree.||Done Category:Community topics|
|Confirm the notability tags.||Ongoing Pending Policy approval.|
|Tag and Form lists of all present Community topics pages for assessment, prioritizing Maps and Events.
|Group similar Community topics pages for collective assessment.||Not done|
|Open discussions in individual subpages of Team Fortress Wiki talk:Community topics notability assessment project.||Not done|
|List of Assessment Records|
|Community event assessments||Ongoing|
|Custom map assessments||Not done|
Non-Notability (Delete) tag instructions
Process for applying notability Delete tags to Community topics:
- Remember, deleting any page for any reason page is a process; Tag the page, discuss the tag, close the discussion. The result is not required to be deletion. Consensus should determine results, keep, delete, move, improve, etc.
- If you feel the topic does not meet the Notability requirements for inclusion in this wiki, then locate or create the Notability section in the topic's Talk page and state the case, and Delete-tag the page for potential non-notability.
- Deletion for non-notability should have that reason stated; e.g., "This Community topic page is nominated for deletion for lack of notability. Please, discuss under the Notability topic for the page."
The main issue is the needed policy for inclusion/exclusion of Custom maps
- 2011-2018: Talk:Custom maps
- 2020 late-Summer: Talk:Community content notability guidelines
- 2019 late-Summer: Talk:Regarding pages on custom maps, competitions, MVM missions, and such
- 2020-2021: Team Fortress Wiki talk:Policies/Community content notability guidelines
- A catalog of resources for measuring popularity of Community maps
- Measurably precise to the Valve community server list; but, it has been suggested that there is a large amount of community servers (hosting community content) that cannot be measured by the Valve community server list. This is to say, rather than overstating the influence of Community content on Community servers, teamwork.tf actually may understate activity on Community servers.
- An inventory of all maps in the Custom category at that time. There was a surprising amount of low-notability maps in place since around 2011.
- Category:Community topics