How you can be indicated as most helpful friend? My friend must upgrade to premium then choose me or how? OperKOT 06:31, 24 June 2011 (PDT)
- That is correct, when your friend upgrades to Premium, they can choose you to be their most helpful friend. -- Firestorm 06:33, 24 June 2011 (PDT)
Should the part about coaching not being required, despite what was stated on the blog, be moved to trivia?MEDUNN 06:55, 28 June 2011 (PDT)
What happens when gift-wrapped?
I'm wondering what happens to the Speks if someone gift-wraps theirs and gives it to someone else? Will the "new users helped" count associated with that particular item stop working, take on the value of its current owner, or continue to update based on the original owner's data? It seems odd that Valve would allow such a uniquely personalized item to be gift-wrapped (I would think it should be locked to gift-wrapping like the similarly-functioned World Traveler's Hat). Regardless, assuming this isn't just an oversight/bug, whatever happens in the case of gift-wrapping would be important to note on the Wiki page. I do not want to personally put this to the test though, so I am not sure how we can find out until someone actually tries it. Anyways, just a note as to something that should probably be looked into at some point... Noibn 16:02, 28 June 2011 (PDT)
- Gift Wrapping makes the helped users count reset to 0 and makes the glasses dirty, the helped users count will increase if somebody recommends you but it'll show on the existing dirty glasses. Fresh 07:38, 9 August 2011 (PDT)
similarity to Professor's Peculiarity?
in my opinion it's the same pair of glasses, with the only differences beeing that one is for all classes and also replaces the engy's standard glasses and the other doesn't. if that's true, it should be added to the article(s) in a trivia section or main section Karamos 17:49, 28 June 2011 (PDT)
- It is indeed just the glasses from the Professor's Peculiarity with the hairpiece removed. The tape, paperclip, frame shape, and everything else (duh) are exactly the same. I'mma go ahead and add this. Will-T 16:25, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- No you wont. It's already on the page. Check the first paragraph. - nixshadow (t|c) 16:27, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- D'oh, missed that somehow. Thanks for correcting, and sorry 'bout that. Will-T 16:32, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- I changed it to identical, since it is identical (uses the same model) Balladofwindfishes 16:37, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
When I look at the Professor Speks in DirectX 8 in the loadout menu, they are golden instead of navy blue. And when I look at them on any class on any DirectX level, it kind of looks like they are made of glass (and I mean the entire pair of glasses.). Has anyone else had this problem, and should I add it to the page?