|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
All released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps can be found on the list of maps.
|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|Version:||Release Candidate 1|
|Release date:||December 14th, 2017|
|Health Kits:||×13 • ×3|
|Ammo Boxes:||×10 • ×6|
Coastrock is a community-created Mann vs. Machine map created by signalmax. It takes place in a seaside town, with a Mann Co. bar acting as the objective. It was featured in the community campaign Operation Canteen Crasher, and later reappeared in Operation Memes vs Machines and Operation Madness vs Machines.
Coastrock features one Normal mission: Coastal Chaos by Plutozz, and one Intermediate mission: Maritime Mania by signalmax. For Operation Canteen Crasher, two Intermediate missions: Coral Crusher and Offcoast Invasion, and one Advanced mission: Coastal Calamity were created. For Operation Memes vs Machines, two Intermediate missions: Insomniacs Insanity by Jakapoa and WhatHaveIDone by Robo-Poot were created. For Operation Madness vs Machines, two Advanced missions: Pirate Domination by zombie (anti-robot AI) and Seaside Sacrifice by Mince were created.
Where the hatch is located. A large set of stairs are used by the robots and Tanks during a wave. Other sets of stairs and pathways can be used by defenders to access other parts of the map.
- Mann Co. Bar: The defenders' spawn and Upgrade Station.
- Fountain: A fountain on an elevated platform gives defenders access to substantial height advantage.
There are two main routes that the robots will take during a wave, with each route having a neighboring route watching over. A middle building also watches over both routes.
- Beach-side Building: To the left of the hatch, a high-up path that allows sight over both routes. One side is exposed to a cliff that will kill any player or robot that falls off instantly.
- Middle Building: Multiple holes and doorways view over the surrounding area.
- City-side Building: To the right of the hatch, another high-up path that drops onto the front.
- Road: The right path robots take, an open roadway that is surrounded by higher paths.
- Underpass: A small room cuts underneath a bridge next to the Middle Building. Some waves may use this path as a route for the bomb.
- Bridge: A bridge connects the Front to the Underpass. A dried up sewer is located underneath.
- Forward Upgrade Station: Next to the sewer is a stairway with an Upgrade Station in it, which can be used in-between waves. Some waves also include breaks where the Upgrade Station can be used.
- Metro Roof: Robots primarily drop into the area from a rooftop above a closed metro station.
- Tunnel: Tanks will always spawn from a tunnel that enters to the side of the Front, some robots can use it as an alternative spawn point.
- Ledge: Above the Tunnel is a large drop that some robots will use to ambush defenders at the front.
- The signature of the map's creator can be found in a pitch-black room next to a stairway from the sewer. This room is only visible from a small vent, and can not be accessed during normal gameplay. Players constantly take damage while inside, and background audio identical to that of Helltower's Hell audio plays while inside.