|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This article documents experimental content that was tested in the Team Fortress 2 Open or Closed Beta.
If you know what's good for ya, you will run!
— The Soldier
The Beta Split Equalizer is a melee weapon for the Soldier that underwent testing in Team Fortress 2 Beta. Its model was later recycled for the Escape Plan.
There exist two variants of this weapon, though both share the disadvantage of being unable to call for or be healed by Medics whilst it is active. For the Beta Split Equalizer 1, the movement speed of the player increases as their health diminishes, yet it delivers uniform damage regardless. For the Beta Split Equalizer 2, the damage dealt by the player increases as their health diminishes, yet does not provide any speed boosts.
Both variants of this weapon were removed from players' backpacks as of the November 9, 2011 Patch (Beta), but have been given out again as a part of the June 1, 2012 Patch (Beta).
In the June 27, 2012 Patch, the Beta Split Equalizer 2's attributes replaced those of the Equalizer, while the Beta Split Equalizer 1 was added to the game as the Escape Plan.
Damage and function times
Beta Split Equalizer 1
|Damage and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Equalizer speed and comparisons
Speed values are based on player's current health. For reference, the standard movement speed is 100%, which is 300 velocity units per second — the speed of the Sniper, Engineer and Pyro — whilst the Scout moves at 400v, 33% above the standard movement speed.
||Faster than Demoman
||Faster than Medic
Beta Split Equalizer 2
Scales inversely with health. Approximately 107.25 − 0.375 × H (107.25 minus 0.375 multiplied H), where H is player's current health, with a minimum of 33 when the player is at or above 100% health, and a maximum of 107 (before random damage and critical hits).
||Base damage of Shovel
||Mini-Crit damage of Shovel
April 26, 2011 Patch (Beta)
- The item was added with the following stats
- Beta Split Equalizer 1
- Damage increases as the user becomes injured
- Blocks healing while in use
- Beta Split Equalizer 2
- Move speed increases as the user becomes injured
- Blocks healing while in use
- Note: These stats are reversed from the actual in-game stats
November 9, 2011 Patch (Beta)
- [Undocumented] Removed the Beta Split Equalizers from players' backpacks.
June 1, 2012 Patch (Beta)
- [Undocumented] The Beta Split Equalizers were given to players again.
- The weapon has the taunt and kill icon of the Shovel.
- The Beta Split Equalizer 1 does not prevent healing from Medics, nor does it suppress the Medic call, contrary to its description.
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Golden Frying Pan
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
, Prinny Machete
) · Equalizer · Pain Train · Half-Zatoichi · Disciplinary Action · Market Gardener · Escape Plan