From Team Fortress Wiki
The Lucky Shot is a community-created headwear item for the Soldier. It is the Soldier's default helmet, cracked from the impact of an unexploded mortar bomb with a yellow or orange stripe, depending on the team, embedded in the top.
- The Lucky Shot was added to the game.
- This hat is no longer paintable.
- This hat now hides the Soldier's default helmet.
- Fixed the Lucky Shot not hiding the base Soldier helmet
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of this item in the Mann Co. Store.
- The band of color on the side of the mortar was originally either red or blue, depending on the enemy team. This was changed to the 'cream' color of the enemy team before the item was added into the game.
- The issue was fixed in an item schema update on January 13, 2012 (OPTF2 Schema Tracker, 2012-01-13 19:17:12 UTC).