This article is specific to the patch released. For information on the update, see Scout Update
Scout Update was published on February 24, 2009 and marked the fourth update Class Pack.
- Added The Force-A-Nature, The Sandman, and Bonk!
- Added 35 new Scout achievements
- Added crit boosted on/off sound effects
- Added new sounds for upgraded Teleporters
- Added new sound for a fully charged Medic dying
- Add bonus points section to scores
- Scouts earn a bonus point for killing Medics who are actively healing a target
- Added several new speech concepts, mostly hooked up to new Scout lines
- Added new "Remember last weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer Advanced dialog
- Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the "last disguise" key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy's currently held weapon
- Added several new Arena mode announcer speech events.
- Added "First Blood" to Arena mode
- Removed 2x item respawn times in arena
- Changed backstab handling to fix facestabs
- Spies disguised as enemy team can now see player IDs for enemies
- Added new input for forward speed modifier to FuncTrainTrain
- Added TeleportToPathTrack input to func_tracktrain
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes gib from non-gib damage kills
- Fixed stat screen showing an entry for a class called "map."
- Fixed item model panels not using team skins
- Fixed obscure bug where spectators were able to carry the flag.
- Added new Scout voice lines.
- Added a new taunt, used by the Sandman
- Reduced stab radius to 160 degrees. Removed quickbackstabs and thus reduced the Spy's backstab range. Made backstabs quicker.
- ↑ This has since been reverted