From Team Fortress Wiki
Upon taunting with the Frontier Justice equipped, the Engineer pulls out his trusty guitar, plays a chord, and then bashes it over the head of any enemy slow, unaware, or unfortunate enough to be in the way.
Upon a successful hit, the enemy's head will appear to be pounded into their chest. This dischord taunt has a wide range, making it capable of killing an enemy standing on the Engineer's head at the time. The range, however, does not extend below as it will not kill an enemy the Engineer is standing on.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Taunt duration||4 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The taunt was added to the game.
- If the server has set
tf_forced_holidayto 2 (Halloween mode), if attempting to perform the Dischord taunt and instead performing the Thriller taunt, this causes several guitar gibs to fall out of the player as soon as they start the taunt.
- This can also happen if they player quick-switches away from the Frontier Justice after commencing the taunt.
- The guitar was first featured in Meet the Engineer, and was seen at the end of Meet the Medic.
- The chord that the Engineer plays before smashing his guitar appears to be Eadd9.
- The three sounds the guitar can make as it breaks were taken from Left 4 Dead 2.
- An unused taunt existed around the time of the Engineer Update where Engineer would pull out his guitar and play it for a while. This taunt was probably replaced by Dischord.
- The name of the taunt is a play on the word "Discord", which means "A disagreement between people".